On November 2nd, beginning at 10am, Ohio is offering a $10,000 small business grant to assist businesses hurt by COVID-19. Each Ohio county is limited to awarding 50 grants so these will go fast.
The grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Are you eligible?
- Do you have a physical location in Ohio and 90% of your revenue is performed and taxable in Ohio?
- Do you have at least one but not more than 25 W-2 employees or full-time equivalents as of January 1, 2020?
- Have you been in continuous operation since January 1, 2020, unless required to shut down by a public health order, and can you continue to operate as a going concern?
- Have you experienced a loss of revenue due to COVID-19?
Certain business types are not eligible so please review BusinessHelp.Ohio.Gov Small Business Relief Grant for additional information.
How do I apply?
Go to BusinessHelp.Ohio.Gov and log in using your existing OH/ID. For many, this will be your Ohio Business Gateway login information, or sign up for a login prior to November 2nd.
Have all the required information ready to include with your application. Some of these documents may include:
- Proof of the number of W-2 employees or full-time equivalents.
- Verification that business costs have been incurred during the 60 days prior to completing the application.
- A copy of the most recently filed Federal or Ohio income tax return.
Bar and Restaurant Assistance Fund
Are you an active liquor permit holder?
If you have an on-premise liquor permit, all are eligible for a $2,500 assistance payment through funding from the Federal CARES Act. The $2,500 assistance payment is to provide a bit of relief to on-premise liquor permit holders. Applications for this assistance will be accepted beginning November 2nd. More information can be found on BusinessHelp.Ohio.Gov Bar and Restaurant Assistance Fund and by visiting BusinessHelp.Ohio.Gov
Contact your Rudler PSC advisor at (859) 331-1717 if you would like to find out more about these programs.
RUDLER'S TAX MANAGEMENT & PLANNING TEAM
This Rudler, PSC e-Tip is presented by Jane Frances, CPA.
If you would like to discuss your particular tax situation, contact Jane at 859-331-1717.
Rudler PSC has established a Tax Management and Planning Team, a group of professionals who specialize in tax services. These highly qualified and experienced tax specialists meet on a regular basis to discuss upcoming client engagements, current issues relating to our clients and regulatory changes. Be sure to receive future Rudler Reviews for advice from our tax experts, sign up today !