Use the tax calendar for specific IRS due dates for filing your tax forms and paying your taxes.
Different due dates apply to corporations and individuals, and certain individuals have due dates that do not pertain to others.
Thursday, October 15
If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2019 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2019 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Monday, November 2
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2020 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below under “November 10.”)
Tuesday, November 10
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2020 (Form 941), if you deposited on time (and in full) all of the associated taxes due.
Tuesday, December 15
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2020 estimated income taxes.
Thursday, December 31
- Establish a retirement plan for 2020 (generally other than a SIMPLE, a Safe-Harbor 401(k) or a SEP).
Contact your Rudler, PSC advisor at 859-331-1717 to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
RUDLER'S TAX MANAGEMENT & PLANNING TEAM
This week's Rudler Review is presented by Maria Graell, Staff Accountant and Matthew Topmiller, CPA.
If you would like to discuss your particular tax situation, contact Maria or Matthew at 859-331-1717.
Rudler PSC has established a Tax Management and Planning Team, a group of professionals who specialize in tax services. These highly qualified and experienced tax specialists meet on a regular basis to discuss upcoming client engagements, current issues relating to our clients and regulatory changes. Be sure to receive future Rudler Reviews for advice from our tax experts, sign up today !